This is the first garment made completely in the new house and so was a good test of my new cutting table which is actually a fold-down trestle table from Amazon.
I used to cut out on the dining room table but that’s not practical now I do all my sewing in the garden cabin! I don’t have enough space to keep a table up all the time so this was a pefect solution.
This is the Sew Over It ‘Eve’ dress.
I have actually made this dress before to wear to a wedding last year. I was happy with how it looked but I never wore it again for two reasons. Firstly the fabric just felt a bit weird – it was a very slippery viscose, can’t remember where from, but you know how some fabrics just don’t feel too nice against the skin, well that was this. It’s sad because I really loved the print.
Secondly it really gaped around the wrap front. I’d forgotten this until I made the second version and exactly the same thing happened (It brought back memories of desperately searching for a safety pin the morning of the wedding to prevent a wardrobe malfunction later in the day)